Are you ready to give your apartment a facelift without spending too much money? Whether you’re living in an old building or just looking to update your décor, there are plenty of ways to makeover your space without breaking the bank. From painting to furniture replacement, we’ve compiled seven simple tips on how to give your home a facelift on a budget that should make it look like new!
Wall art is one of the easiest ways to update your apartment without breaking the bank. It decorations also serve as a great conversation starter with guests! A word of caution: if you’re renting, make sure you ask your landlord for permission before adding any new decorations.
Curtains are an easy way to spruce up your apartment. It can add color and style, as well as provide privacy. However, curtains can be expensive if you purchase them from a store. Luckily, there are many other options for purchasing curtains without spending much money. One option is to buy fabric from the store, cut it into panels, and sew the panels together by hand.
Pillows are a quick, inexpensive way to give your apartment a facelift. Here are some ideas for where you can find pillows at a great price:
- Thrift stores: Check out thrift stores for old pillows that you can turn into new ones. For example, if you’ve got an old pillowcase that’s in good shape but the pillow is worn, turn it inside out and sew the opening closed. This will give it an extra layer of protection from spills and stains.
You Can Read Also : Plumbing Your Tiny Home on Wheels: Tips and Tricks
Rugs are an easy way to add color, texture and warmth to your apartment. They can also be used as a design element in your space. Here are some ways you can spruce up your apartment for less:
- Use rugs as accent pieces. If you have hardwood or tile floors, try putting an area rug in the entryway or living room for added warmth and style. Experiment with shapes and sizes!
- Mix it up with area rugs! Add patterned area rugs over existing ones for an interesting contrast, like this blue medallion rug over cream shag pile carpet.
If you’re looking for a more affordable way to update your space, try one of these seven apartment renovation projects:
- Get rid of clutter by decluttering.
- Update the light fixtures with something that reflects your personal style.
- Paint the walls in a fresh color.
- Replace outdated appliances with new ones or refinish them with paint.
- Hang plants and pictures on the wall or use an inexpensive rug as decoration.
- Giving your apartment a facelift doesn’t have to be expensive. One way to change up the look of your space is by adding houseplants. Not only will they add some fresh color and life, they’ll also help purify the air in your home. Check out this list of 10 great plants for apartments here!
- Swap out your throw pillows every few months for some new ones with interesting patterns or colors that you love! They’re so easy and affordable, it’s worth it to experiment with different styles until you find what you like best.
Updated light fixtures
You can update your light fixtures with the latest and greatest, on trend, and inexpensive options. You can find more information about apartment renovation Sydney here.